As Virat Kohli & Co gear up to end India’s losing streak against New Zealand in T20 World Cup, the victory is not going to come easy. New Zealand captain Kane Williamson, in-form spinner Ish Sodhi and left-arm seamer Trent Boult possess a big threat to the Men in Blues. They are going to Test India as the two teams will look to get an edge against each other in a must-win game. The winner of this game will have a better chance of making it to the semifinals.
- The New Zealand captain has a very good record against India across all formats as he averages nearly 40 across all formats.
- In T20Is, he has amassed 325 runs in 11 matches which features a knock of 95.
- He also amassed 984 runs and 829 runs in ODIs and Test respectively.
- Once he gets settled, Williamson is tough to get out as he steers his innings till the end and finishes the game.
- The Kiwi stalwart will aim to make the best use of his experience of playing in the UAE leg of IPL 2021.
- Indian top-order batsmen Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul have struggled against left-arm pacers.
- Shaheen Afridi took all top three wickets for Pakistan in their opening match.
- Kohli & Co should have created a plan to tackle the left-arm pacers. They are expected to deliver in the upcoming match.
- While Trent Boult has dismissed Rohit Sharma five times, Kohli has lost his wicket to the Kiwi pacer record six times.
- KL Rahul has also once given away his wicket to Boult.
- In-form New Zealand spinner Ish Sodhi is expected to weave his magic in the upcoming match against India.
- He has taken 17 wickets in 12 matches at an economy rate of 7.53.
- The Kiwi spinner has been sensational with 5 wickets in the last two matches.
- He took 3 wickets against England in a warmup match and followed it with a couple of wickets against Pakistan.
- He has taken the wicket of Virat Kohli for record 5 times in limited-overs matches.
- Lokesh Rahul has also been dismissed twice to Ish Sodhi in the shortest format while Rohit Sharma has fallen prey to him once.