Chennai Super Kings captain MS Dhoni has become the only skipper in the history of the Indian Premier League to lead an IPL franchise in the tournament history. He achieved the feat while representing CSK against Rajasthan Royals on Saturday. He has also taken charge as captain of now-defunct Rising Pune Supergiants (2016) in his record-breaking IPL career.
— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) October 2, 2021
MS Dhoni is ahead of the list by a fair margin as Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma are no way near him in the tournament. In the last 199 matches, he has emerged victorious in 119 matches with a success rate of 60 per cent, which is also higher as compared to other players in the list mentioned below. He is only behind Rohit Sharma when it comes to most IPL titles. Under his leadership, CSK won the IPL trophy in 2010, 2011 and 2018. Now they are chasing the 4th IPL title.
|(Chennai Super Kings, Rising Pune Supergiants)|
|(Royal Challengers Bangalore)|
|(Delhi Daredevils, Kolkata Knight Riders)|
- MS Dhoni is the only captain to lead an IPL team in 200 matches
- Thala has guided CSK to record 11 playoffs in 12 IPL seasons. They had missed out in 2020 with a 7th place finish.
- The 40-year-old helped CSK ace the points table in IPL 2021.
- CSK have won IPL trophies in 2010, 2011 and 2018. They are chasing their 4th IPL title in IPL 2021.
- The yellow army has also won CLT20 in 2010 and 2014.