Punjab Kings captain KL Rahul on Thursday became the highest run-getter for his franchise in the history of IPL. In his innings, he slammed fifty off just 25 balls comprising 6 fours and 3 sixes. The 29-year-old also reclaimed his place in the IPL 2021 Orange Cap Table. He went past Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis to pole position.
He went on to smash 98 runs off just 42 deliveries also smacked a 101 metre six after completing his half-century.
The right-handed batsman required just 18 runs to the top of the leaderboard. He has now scored 550+ runs in the ongoing edition of the IPL. He has also become the highest run-getter for Punjab Kings in the Indian Premier League, overtaking Shaun Marsh.
.@klrahul11 leading from the front! 👍 👍
— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) October 7, 2021
Most runs for Punjab Kings
2483* KL RAHUL
2477 Shaun Marsh
1974 David Miller
1383 Glenn Maxwell
- KL Rahul has smashed 600+ runs for Punjab Kings in IPL 2021.
- He had won the Orange Cap last season with 670 runs in just 14 matches.
- He is one of the main reasons behind Punjab Kings’ wins and consistent runs at the top of the order.
- KL Rahul bats at a strike rate of 135+ in IPL. He has scored over 3200 runs with the help of 2 centuries and 26 half-centuries.
- His exceptional batting performance is a good sign for India ahead of the upcoming T20 World Cup in UAE. He will look to end India’s 14-year-old drought in the showpiece tournament.
- Meanwhile, Punjab Kings still has an outside chance to make it to the playoffs. The likes of MI, KKR should lose the next matches if PBKS wants to stay in contention for the knockouts.