The race for Purple Cap is getting little intense now. RCB’s Harshal Patel currently holds the Purple Cap with 26 Wickets, but someone is chasing him really hard. Delhi Capitals Avesh Khan took 3/15 runs with his lethal yorkers against Mumbai Indians to close the gap vs Harshal. Avesh now has 21 wickets and gap vis a vis Harshal by the match is getting reduced
Avesh Khan, DC’s pace spearhead this season, scalped the big wicket of MI captain Rohit Sharma in his first over. Later, he returned with wickets of dangerous Hardik Pandya and Nathan Coulter-Nile.
Meanwhile, Jasprit Bumrah is placed 3rd in the list with 17 wickets. He has taken 11 wickets in the last 5 matches. Others on the list are Arshdeep Singh and Mohd Shami. They have 16 and 15 wickets in the tournament respectively.
On the other hand, RCB pace spearhead Harshal Patel has continued to weave magic with the ball. The purple cap holder now has 26 wickets in 11 matches & is on the cusp of creating IPL history as all-time highest wicket-taker in one single season
RCB pacer now has 26 wickets from 11 matches. His nearest rival is Delhi Capitals Avesh Khan with 18 wickets from 11 matches.
- Harshal Patel can rewrite IPL History by becoming the highest wicket-taker in 1 single season
- He can go past Dwayne Bravo’s record of 32 wickets which is all-time record in IPL
- RCB is yet to play 3 league games & possible matches in Playoffs
- This gives enough time to Harshal Patel to rewrite the record.
Harshal Patel also took a hat-trick this IPL. He had achieved the landmark against MI. He will look to guide RCB to the maiden IPL title with his sensational spells.
Rules for IPL Purple Cap:
- The Purple Cap is offered to the leading wicket-taker of the season.
- The bowler with the most wickets in the tournament during the season would wear the Purple Cap while in the field.
- In case of a tie, the Purple Cap is given to the bowler with a superior economy rate.
IPL 2021 Purple Cap race getting intense, Avesh Khan destroy’s MI batting to reduce gap vs leader Harshal Patel, follow live updates