Chennai Super Kings’ find of last season, Ruturaj Gaikwad, has been at his consistent best in IPL 2021. On Sunday, he smashed his 4th fifty of the tournament to provide CSK with a firm start after Faf du Plessis’ early departure. He went on to slam fifty off just 37 balls comprising a couple of sixes and fours. The 25-year-old slammed 70 runs off just 50 delivery before felling prey to Delhi Capitals’ Avesh Khan.
He also shared a crucial century partnership with Robin Uthappa for the 2nd wicket. The duo stitched 110 runs to lead CSK to a winning position against table-toppers Delhi Capitals.
Another mature knock from @Ruutu1331. Brings up a fine FIFTY off 37 deliveries.
Live – https://t.co/38XLwtuZDX #Qualifier1 #VIVOIPL pic.twitter.com/o7rx7fo1JF
— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) October 10, 2021
- Ruturaj Gaikwad has also left behind teammate Faf du Plessis and DC’S Shikhar Dhawan in IPL 2021 Orange Cap race.
- He is only behind KL Rahul of Punjab Kings (600+ runs).
- He was the only second batsman to complete 600+ runs in IPL 2021.
- Apart from four fifties, he also smashed a century in the ongoing IPL season.
- Gaikwad is key to CSK’s success in IPL 2021. On several occasions, he has single-handedly saved CSK from unwanted situations.
Faf du Plessis