After India’s back-to-back losses, former India captain Mohammad Azharuddin has slammed the BCCI for the team’s dismal performance in T20 World Cup. He said that it was a complete team failure including the coaches.
“Virat Kohli is facing criticism but it’s the entire team and the coaches that have failed and not just one man. It turned out to be a scary Halloween for Indian fans. #INDvsNZ #T20WORLDCUP,” he said in a tweet post.
India’s decision to include Ishan Kishan in place of injured SuryaKumar Yadav and opt for Shardul Thakur over out-of-form Bhuvneshwar Kumar didn’t pay dividends. Virat Kohli & Co lost to New Zealand to continue India’s losing streak against Kiwis in the ICC tournaments. It was the second consecutive loss for Men in Blues that has put them on the brink of a T20 World Cup exit.
- The batting department looks completely perplexed except Virat Kohli’s fifty against Pakistan. Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul failed big time against both Pak and New Zealand
- The bowling department has failed to take wickets and was exposed to dew under pressure.
- Hardik Pandya emerged as the biggest FLOP and failed to live to the tag of a finisher.
- The selection committee’s decision to pick out-of-form and unfit players Hardik, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Varun Chakaravarthy created more woes for Men in Blue.
- The outgoing Ravi Shastri and his coaching staff failed to get the best out of Kohli & Co ahead of farewell.
- MS Dhoni as a mentor failed to get the best out of the team in crunch situations.